number4-Fashion Week for the Snow/Cold Bound-Vogue 8880

Impatiens, yes, I am Impatient!
Dear Friends, first let me say that my computer has died, permanently so I will be working on Husbands. Yuk! How does this affect posting and blogging? Immensely I'm afraid, however I will try to check in daily. If your comment does not appear in a timely manner please know that I do read them all and post them when I see them. I will just not be seeing them as often. Hopefully, a new hard drive will be able to be cloned, if not............I don't even want to think about it. I think this is also a sign from the inter-web-world, too much time on the webs, need a little break. Fortunately, I have posts ready for a few weeks so you should not notice too much change. Have a lovely weekend, back up your files, please.

V8880


Still top shopping here. I like this one. It has some shaping at the neckline and the waist. Could be very comfortable in the hot weather. Dropped shoulder, neckline variations and the waist is elasticized. My friend, elastic!!! This one is on it's way to me, yeah!
Line Art

MISSES' TOP: Very loose-fitting, pullover top has neckline variations, elasticized (seamed) waist and stitched hem. A and B: front neckline pleats, and purchased bias tape finishes neckline.
FABRICS: Eyelet, Crepe and Jersey.
Unsuitable for obvious diagonals.
* With Nap ** Without Nap.
NOTIONS: 1 1/4 yd. of 1/4" Elastic and Pkg. of 1/2" Single Fold
Bias Tape.
Combinations: A5(6-8-10-12-14),E5(14-16-18-20-22)

For me, the distinct advantage of a pattern like this is that it is not fitted. My days of close fitting garments passed many moons ago. I want them to look nice, fit well but they must be comfortable. I enjoy garment sewing, of course, but there are many other types of needle work that are my artistic expressions, rather than clothing. So, depending on the fabrication, a top like this works well for me.....and yes........it is in the mail. Another issue for me is the simple fact that a piece like this is essentially timeless. I will use my fusible interfacing on the pattern pieces after I check for fit and size and I will use it over and over. ( as I have done with this pattern ************insert photo  )I think this conclusion for me was a long time coming. Understanding elements of my personal style has been an evolving process. I am now mostly sure of what I want and how I plan to achieve it.

Comments