Double Seed Stitch Blanket, from Purl Bee

Good Morning everyone! Hopefully this will be the last day of remote postings! I am amazed at how accustomed I am to my own computer and work habits!

This sweet little blanket is posted over at Purl Bee. I think it is the perfect "mindless" project for knitters and one that could easily find many uses. That said, if you decide to make this one, exactly, please remember that Purl Bee has a copy right on this exact blanket. I am not sure how anyone can say that they have exclusive rights to a seed stitch but there you have it. Adjust it to your needs and use the idea, the pattern, the look for your own design. I am fussing about the whole copy right thing again. I have a Granny Square Afghan to show soon that is my own design, specifically because of a tension error. I have continued to work on it despite the flaw because it sort of makes me laugh. When showing it to my Tuesday group yesterday, we decided that since it is so unique that I should copy right it as well. How in the world can you say a simple Granny Square is copy righted? Some of the more complex designs, yes, certainly. But really, it is driving me nuts!! Anyway, have a good day, and feel free to copy right something!

The Pattern

 

Gauge

2 3/4 stitches = 1 inch in double seed stitch pattern

Finished Sizes

Baby (Crib, Throw, Twin, Queen): 28 x 30 (45 x 60, 60 x 60, 66 x 90, 90 x 95) inches

Begin

Cast on 77 (123, 165, 181, 247) stitches.
Row 1: *K1, p1, repeat from * to last stitch, k1.
Row 2: *P1, k1, repeat from * to last stitch, p1.
Row 3: Repeat Row 2.
Row 4: Repeat Row 1.
Repeat Rows 1-4 until work measures desired length.
Bind off in stitch pattern and weave in the ends!
*please remember that everything on Purl Bee is copyrighted and they have very specific terms of use for their patterns. Please refer to the website for specifics.
  
Double Seed Stitch knitted blanket, Purl Bee

Comments