Day 15, Bumping into Old Friends and the Words of Wisdom



We used to have a saying in our family, perpetuated by my Mother and her Sister. "Make sure you look presentable when you leave the house because you never know who you might bump into!" True! On my errands today I ran into two people I have not seen in years. These were lovely ladies I knew well when our children were younger and went to the same school, participated in the same sports etc. As they have grown and gone, so have we all. After spending some catching up time I had flashbacks of the  Words of Wisdom. Because these friends now live far away, we may not cross paths again. They looked content and happy. I was glad that I dressed up a bit.  Some habits are instilled to last!

Actually, the Words of Wisdom sayings could be their own tome. Someday I may just jot them down as they come to me, leave them for posterity, instill and inspire the future generation. Right. 

My friends and I exchange small gifts these days. Tokens of friendship, personal, remembrances.  These are the most fun for me to make or buy. Little surprises. I cannot go into detail here, because they read this. They will just have to wait..........

However, here is a nice little gift idea that came via email from Nancy Zieman. An organizer you can create with a place-mat, it could fullfill the need for a gift that has the famous $5.00 limit! Thoughtful, useful and practical. It could also be a make-up bag, a coupon carrier, or tissue keeper for your tote bag or in your car.

Here's the link to the tutorial click here.

Another little saying from the Words of Wisdom, The best way to have good friends is to be one. That's all for now.


Comments

Jeanneke said…
And... It Takes A Long Time To Grow An Old Friend.
Blessings to you, my friend,

Jeanneke.