Day 13, The Sew and Sews are Counting Down Too!

The Sew and Sews have been busy on this run-up to the holidays. Jenny is still working on scarves. I can't show a couple because they are going to family members who read this blog, and I forgot to capture some others because Mary Jane came in with a new quilt top. And Linda Sue is back from her warm weather vacation, and Pat brought items for my Dream baskets for the TRQ show, and on, and on, and on. I was distracted. Too many things going on today AND we were planning our Christmas party for next week. Ok, did I come up with enough excuses for my limitations? If not, I am sure I can dream up a few more......................... 



So here is Mary Jane's scrap quilt. Made from left over 2 1/2 inch strips from our cutting bee.

This is the pattern printed from the computer.

from one of my favorite sites and designers, Bonnie Hunter.
The interesting component of all of this is that many of the fabrics that Mary Jane used, Linda Sue used in her quilt. This quilt of Linda Sue's is like the Traveling Gnome. It has been everywhere. Let me show what I mean.



See the purple printed violet strip? Mary Jane used this in several blocks.


Here we have the same fabric in a square on Linda Sue's quilt. 






On these two examples, we are looking at gray/black rocks!






The rocks are like setting triangles on this block.



The red strip.



The red center of the nine patch. 



White dots on aqua background in the stips and in the blocks!

 Yellow print.
 More of the yellow print. Can you believe how many quilts and different designs of quilts have been made from those strips we cut months ago? It was a great success, but we might be "stripped-out" for a while! If you have a group that needs a project, remember the cutting bee. It can be designed to suit the needs of the group, certain patterns, whatever. I am so impressed with our ladies. Bravo!




Linda Sue has another Advent wall hanging in progress here.
**Ps: now I do not believe in all that Mayan calendar business about the end of the world on 12-12-12, but just in case I am wrong, (it has been known to happen) it has been really great knowing you. Take care.

***Pss. Thank You Linda, I will be forever grateful! You know what I mean!
*Vintage Card, Google Images

Comments