Day 11 in the Countdown, Fantasy Village

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ETnPq2xbJt4/UMi7awowhWI/AAAAAAAAQ5M/b2GkjPX7wXM/s1600/snowy-village.jpg
From Martha Stewart Living, December 2000. Isn't this adorable. I remember having these little villages under our trees as a child. How I wish I had them now. Of course, I don't need any more Christmas decor, but still, great memories. A Dear Friend, a Sewist Extraordinaire, directed me to a charming blog that showcases the magazine over the years. It all seemed possible and simple then. That was only 12 years ago. Oh my. this time of year is bittersweet, I am trying to stay on the sweeter side of life. Yesterday I spent some time working on tension issues of my Handiquilter. The shop owner was so kind and helpful. Today I will work some more. I have a quilt or two or three that need done. I am so far behind. On the agenda today.........iron tablecloths, bring out the Christmas dishes, wash them, polish the silver, wash the wine glasses. All that functional stuff that I must get done before the BIG day of the Christmas Dinner. I would love to tell you that this photo is my dining room, It is not, it is also from the MSL Dec. 2000 issue. Today I will also check the menu (I tend to make the same thing every year  by request.)  Fine tune the grocery list as well. Then off to the studio. I am already thinking about my sewing plans for 2013, do you do that? I have so much I want to do and hope that all the starts align to help with that!


 

Comments