A Few of My Favorite Blogs, Number Two

 I read several blogs that have little or nothing to do with sewing. I Prefer Paris, while still artistic in content, uses photography as the focus to tell an amazing story. Meet Richard Nahem. An ex-New Yorker he writes from Paris and shares breathtaking views of the city of Light. For Christmas this year he visited Vienna. Touring the beautiful city and nibbling his way through some of the finest bake shops in the world, My Photo Richard shares photos of some of the most divine pastries known to man.  Richard in Vienna.

This brings me to my Christmas Cheesecake. I found this recipe in the archives of Husband's dear departed Aunt. Written in tiny script, so familiar, this cheesecake was not the one we remembered from our Holiday Dinners at the home she shared with her Mother. That one is more of a pudding style cheese cake, not baked. This one, the one I made, was more in the New York style. Baked, a L-o-n-g time. It was fabulous but no photo's were taken. I removed the ring from the spring form pan too soon and a large section of the cake collapsed. So sad. Husband ate the damage.  I will post the recipe on Kitchen Chronicles and take photo's the next time I make it. Everyone at table remarked that it was the best cheesecake they had ever tasted, and this is a cheesecake crowd I have to say. Not to sweet, firm and solid, just right. Recipe for Violet's Cheesecake Christmas 2012 here.

Comments