8 Days Left, Check Your List

By now I hope you have things well under way and have your party clothes ready to go.
Do you remember the time when we wore Holiday themed clothing, sort of like the kids do? Well, maybe you didn't, I had a few,,,, but I had friends who truly had a theme outfit for every day from the beginning of advent until New Years Eve. I may just pull some of them out for "Party Clothes" this year. What the heck, the Fashion Police are all in the South of France or on an Island of some sort so who would know?

I am the un-fortunate recipient of some dreadful stomach bug since yesterday. Since even sitting up is something of an effort, I will keep the day simple. It is a good time to review the grocery list (Husband loves to grocery shop!) so everything has to be absolutely specific. Of course, ten phone calls later just about everything I need will make it home.  I will try not to think about the fact that I am listing food! If I had to get it I am glad it came this week, not next. So check your grocery lists and line up your recipes if you do that sort of thing. Everyone in my family has a special request so my list is rather specific, with minimal variation from year to year. 

Need a quick decor idea or centerpiece?   If you have access to a pine forest or can visit the local tree vendor, broken limbs are there for the asking. Try this......

Winter Still Life with Pinecones

Martha Stewart Living, December 1999/2000
This simple arrangement will fill your home with the aroma of a winter walk in the woods. Pick a branch with interesting, sculptural lines and lots of fresh needles, and collect a few handfuls of pinecones to use as a frog to steady the branch. When you include woody plants like this in arrangements, cut the end that will be submerged with pruning shears; this allows it to absorb water more easily. Use a widemouthed glass vase so the pinecones are visible; fill with water, and set the branch firmly among the cones.

If you don't have the sufficient number of cones, nice clean rocks work well too. 



Comments