12 Days in the Countdown and a Gift Idea, Victorian Lace Cuffs-A Nice Touch for the Holiday


  As our Christmas preparations continue, take time to enjoy the beauty of the season. This antique greeting card depicts a Victorian scene that seems idyllic in this day and time. I think that is good, many aspects of Christmas Cheer are just pretend, so spend this day living your ideal and innocent Holiday.
elizabethan lace cuffs <i>free with $49 order</i>Aren't these charming? A little Victorian, a little Downton Abbey? This particular set is available at The Victorian Trading Company.  I have purchased several items from this retailer and have always been pleased with their products and service. But listen to me, I sew. I can do this. I will mine the stash and see what I might be able to re-purpose. I am fortunate to have inherited lots of antique lace and surely there is something there. If not, there is another alternative that comes to mind. Venice Lace from The Martha Pullen Store..
As a detail to a nice jacket, sweater or dress, too cute.
dainty socks
The lace trim on little ankle socks is also very nice. If you trim anklets, use a three step zig-zag stitch on the cuff to maintain the stretch. (these retail for $19.99)

*today, off to Machine dealer to work out some tension issues with my Sweet 16. Temperamental girl that she is.  Just wondering, how many Broadway incantations of "Annie"  have been staged? I am just singing Tomorrow in my head and hoping that tomorrow I will actually be able to sit down and do some quilting!!!!

*no compensation received or implied from Victorian Trading Co. or Martha Pullen Co. 

Comments