My Friday This and That

 I don't want to pile on here, but what a week. And now we have another lovely week-end ahead of us. It has been a difficult week on so many levels, but I have to believe that maintaining a personal perspective, keeping our feet on the ground and loving those around us will keep us centered. When you view your world, from your window,  remember to to pass on your positive feelings. By limiting our negativity we may just be able to enjoy the view. From our window on the world we all see different things. I am going to choose to see flowers, fluffy clouds, and dogs frolicking in the fields.
Looking out my living room window, trees are just starting to show a tinge of color, in a few weeks the lane will be totally covered with leaves. I will need to prepare to bring in the house plants for the winter. I don't know what that plant is that you can see outside the window. It was part of a dish garden arrangement from the florist. It was about 5 inches high in May, it has really grown!

We all have fabric scraps. Some of us save them for piecing, some for swaps, some for stuffing pillows. You must hop over to Kay Whitt's blog to see what she did with some of her fabric scraps this summer. You will not believe This.

Another very informative post is Tasia of Sewaholic Patterns and her method of cutting knits to avoid off-grain garments.

Want to see one of the most gorgeous quilts around? Go to see Sue's work over at Amy's Creative Side. What amazing quilting!

Enjoy your weekend, I am really planning on some quilting tomorrow. I will seclude myself and get that Wonky Block Quilt done. I hear you snickering, I know, you have heard this before. But this time I mean it.

Gratuity Moment: happy dogs.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love what you wrote about looking out the window. It's so so so easy to choose to look for negativity in the world, but I prefer to look for the beauty. :)