Live Vicariously


Hello Monday. As usual, I have plans to get so much done this week. With the end of the garden season closing in, I need to clean up the vege beds and haul the vines over to the compost collector. My usual routines keep me busy and I want to put up some of the fall decor. That means a climb to the attic. Be quiet my aching bones, I'm just telling you right now. I want to spend some quality time with my camera, my Sister just linked me to a great looking photography site. I'll explore and report back. Anyhoooo, instead I borrowed these from someone else, someone much better with a lens than I. I am determined to spend a minimum of 1 to 2 hours sewing, every day. I must be the one to mandate that time for myself. How did that sound? Is it convincing? So enjoy this little photo journey through Provence.

There are so many beautiful places in this world, don't you wish you could visit them all?


I'm here today, watching this talented (muscular) gentleman work his magic with shears, I am out of sight, with a chilled beverage in hand.

As I walked the pebbled roadside I came upon this divine field of Lavender, Provence is like that, beauty at every turn.

Dancing from another viewpoint, how can you not just smile when you see these glorious sunflowers?

Le village de Gordes (at the end of a beautiful August Afternoon)
What can I say, late August with sunlight filtering on the rock face. 
 OK, come on back, I just had a little mind-trip there. Reality strikes. It is bug season on my front porch. Listen to me, nasty, evil looking spiders have moved into the shutters and their webs have captured a multitude of winged and crawling things. Can't have that. Job one today. Clear that out and scrub! Do they have these dreadful situations in Provence? Alert, a small herd of deer just walked past my dining room window. The hill behind my house has a concourse that is actually a critter highway.   

All this Flight of Ideas nonsense is just an intro into one of my favorite French Themed Blogs. A Beautiful French Blog Kristin of French Word a Day will give you French lessons and charm you with snippets of life. Love it.

*All Photo's From Here.

Gratuity Moment: when I think about it, I am happy that I have so much to do. Seeing so many ill and/or elderly persons sitting about with nothing to do, or nothing they can do and no plans for their Monday ahead. I am thankful.  

Comments