That leads me to a Mini-quilt that Marion brought to the Tuesday Sew and Sews Group. Pieced from 1 inch squares, it is absolutely adorable. Right now you can see the clips securing the binding. How nice, but I think I need to do 2 inch squares, I am just not that accurate for 1 inch piecing. I am working on it, but I really think some people are just naturally better at it that others.
| If I counted correctly, it is 18 inches square. The photo makes it look much larger. |
These mini-quilts make great gifts. Used as little table toppers or hung on walls like little pieces of art, perfect. A great way to quilt, express artistic sensibility, and finish a project in a timely manner.
| photo from Google Images |
| this blog shares ideas for mini-quilts |
Sew Crafty Site shows a nice little collection of Mini's and additional references if you would like to investigate.
Gratuity Moment: The little quilts are charming, have many uses, and add cheer to any room.
Comments