I Knit a Bit, but I Am Not a Knitter

I have finally finished a couple knit projects. Remember this one, from about a year or so ago?
An Infinity scarf, knit on a circular needle, the yarn is a linen/cotton blend and a novelty yarn that was a free-bee at a Yarn Expo. Bertie likes the look. Because of the way it twists and turns, I doubled it and joined the long seam.

A close-up of the knitted edge.

 I have two very distinct feelings about knitting. One, I love the yarns, the beautiful textures and colors. Wools, cottons, blends. All just resting quietly, waiting for creative needles. Knitting can be slow and methodical. I am slow, so it takes a while even for my simple projects. They tend to be a repetitive stitch, something that requires little thought. A restful and quiet past-time, knitting and crochet offer a project while watching husband bounce between Ice Road Truckers, Pickers and Swamp People. Two, on the other hand, knitting and crochet (not as much) is so s-l-o-w. I cannot imagine knitting long projects, example, a cardigan, in less than a year or so. Really. I really want to be more of a knitter and plan to stretch myself a bit this season.

 Another scarf, don't you just love my portfolio of knitting projects?

I can hear you laughing. By the way.

Anyway, this seed stitch piece measures about 14 x 40 inches. I added a little crochet ruffle on the short ends. The yarn is a patterned style in a an acrylic and cotton blend. Mindless and blind knitting, I did this on a circular needle as well. 

 
aforementioned ruffle
OK then, two down, two to go. Will I finish the next two scarves for this season? Only time will tell.

Gratuity Moment: yarn, don't you just love it?  
*If you want to check out some absolutely outstanding knitwear, check out Guernsey Knitwear UK. Will I ever have the skills to create something like this? 

**as usual, no compensation received or implied.

Comments