Woolie Wonderful's

 Last week Husband visited a downtown Farmer's Market. One of the vendors was selling yarn. What did we do before cell phones? He called me (I was on my Field Trip that day, looking for yarn) and explained, with great excitement what he had found. Underhill Farm . The amazing story of their Leicester sheep and Angora goats hooked me.  These sheep are direct descendants of the sheep raised by George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. I know, really!

What a bunch of charmers!
Just look at this glorious wool! A mix of the wool and Angora from the goats, the color is amazing.

This White looks like snow.

 I don't have a specific project in mind, but since I am sensitive to the wool it will not be a clothing item. I saw some really stunning felted purses on my travels and I think that will be the plan. Absolutely beautiful yarn. They told Husband that they are at this market every three weeks until they run out of wool. They have lovely colors as well, but in my neutral frame of mind, this was the obvious choice for me.

A skill stretcher or not, only time will tell.
Now this yarn will be a clothing piece. This Italian import is cotton, acrylic and poly. It is lovely, note IT has color, It is soft, pliable and has a little stretch. My project is a stretch as well. A charming little neck scarf, it has a Downton  Abbey feel to me. Kathy, of Kathy's Kreations helped me choose it. The pattern calls for a Provisional Cast On. Never did that before and I have been scouring U-tube videos.  Perseverance will be required.
Gratuity Moment: sheep and goats giving it up for the Needle Chicks!

Comments