Just Having Fun, an Artist and her Fabric

She says she is "having fun!"  I have to agree. Sew and Sew member, Jenny, is at it again with the paints and dyes. Her work is getting better and better. Her sense of color is sharp and her design lines,...well see for yourself.
L
Look at the waves of color.  The motion in this fabric is Monet-like. 
A little more Monet. Each undulation appears to have a center, rather like a whirlpool, in pinks!
I didn't have a chance for breakfast before our get-together and many of the fabrics reminded me of food. This one brought on cravings for chocolate chips! 



Grassy prairie fields come to mind, waves of grain. Or a salad!
Water, looking down into deep water where the sun sparkles on a late summer day.
this one came home with me, the photo is rather washed out but it reminds me of a sandy beach at sunset. The dappled orang-ish/pink-ish/beige colorations are enhanced by rock salt, in the sun. I know, how cool is that? I will use this for a background for a landscape type piece.
 
Sunset, after a hot, hazy day, a mist over water.
Ripples of lavender in a French Country field. 

 I know, one of those days where I am mentally in another place, enjoying nature, colors and life.


While no compensation is received or implied, if you are interested, please email your contact info to me at kczkws4@aol.com and I will put you in touch with the artist. While this is just a small operation now, I think great things are going to happen for her. She is a lovely person and that shows in her work.

Gratuity Moment: a stunning mid-summer morning and a field trip today with a dear friend. Let me just say it is about an historic village that just happens to have a knit shop. See you later!

Comments