The Fashion Shark, Snark

free shark clipartEvery once in a while I see a fashion flaw that I just can't ignore. I am not talking about the famous Walmart photo's or actually picking on any one person, style or trend. I am just saying it screams at me...Call the Fashion Police! If you hear sirens and see flashing lights, beware. I just have to say it, large decals, suggestive or not, on the back side of mini-skirts, shorts or sports pants are not right. On a lithe young body they are suggestive. On a middle age + woman, not so lithe, not so sleek and not so good. Particularly if they are pink. Just saying. I suspect some one did not look in the mirror, backward glance. If she had, we would have seen some nice white denim capri's with maybe a little anchor detail on the left thigh pocket. That's all.
free shark clipart

And the flannel lounge pants, (in 95 degreet heat yet) just don't work in public, even if your daughter is attending Vassar. And please note, the crotch seam shouldn't be fitting like a hyper-extended rubber band. Ya need some give there honey, that looks like it might hurt.
free shark clipart

I know the whole color blocking trend is having a bit of a resurrection, but trust me, that high contrast band around your widest part is not doing you any favors. free shark clipart

And last, but not least, sitting with your legs fully apart, even though you are covered with nice tight jeans, makes the guy pressing the pannini get second degree burns. Didn't you hear him scream and see the manager running with the little white box with the red cross on the lid? Or were you so busy smirking and feeling proud of yourself that you missed all that?   
free shark clipart
OK, I'm done. What a week-end. Be brave fashion conservatives, the time will return when we rule the world. Well, at least that is what the lady said to me in line while we waited for our Pannini. 

*clip art courtesy here

Gratuity Moment: a back up cook for the poor Pannini guy!

Comments