A Group Project for Ambitious Quilters

Sorry for the blog lapse, life sometimes gets in the way, darn. I have finished a couple knitting projects, photo's coming up this week. No quilting or sewing this week, just lots of thinking about it. It has been so hot that I think I am having trouble concentrating. Not that I spend much time in the heat, but that is the excuse and I am sticking with it:)

I have noticed that I am not alone in the blog-lag department, however. Many of my regular reads are getting spotty as well. It might be summer holidays, heat, or burnout.    Casey of Elegant Musings discusses the blog-burnout issue at length in this post. She has been doing it for a long time and is currently working on a new approach.

I am going to be making some changes as well. I just don't seem to have the time to do everything I want to do and post about it too.  Something has to give, so frequency will change, content will be streamlined to document process and progress on various projects. Since that was the original intent, I am sort of starting over. Hope it works out.

Now, on to the direction I intended for this post....yeesh, see what I mean, slipping in an out of focus here. 

 For the quilting ladies, a few new (to me) sites where these ladies are all making the same quilt, the pattern is  Comfort and Joy by Silver Thimble Quilt Co. 
[Comfort%2520%2526%2520Joy%2520Pattern%2520Cover%255B3%255D.jpg]


I have followed Kaaren of The Painted Quilt, here, for some months now. She has a very interesting blog where she chronicles her life, her pets, her quilts and her brave journey through illness. In this post she shares her latest blocks for the quilt and refers the reader to the other ladies blogs in this group to check out their progress.  Another participant, Sharon, is listed but I could not establish a link to her site, Red Geranium Quilts.

Meet Anne of Cottons and Wool
Meet Karen of the Log Cabin Quilter
Another Karen of My Yellow Farmhouse
Kim of Kims Big Quilting Adventure
Last but not least, Diane of Butterfly Threads Quilting

Gratuity Moment: insight, limited, but a work in progress. 

Comments