Yes and No, Fall Pattern Preview, McCalls



M6600



YES: M 6600
My inbox was less than interesting this morning, but I see that the Fall Patterns are starting to pop up from the Big Four. Always a fun look. Do you know why I say look? Because I have barely started Spring/Summer. I used to be able to sew almost a season ahead, but the last year or so has been a flop, sewing wise.

Some of the new entries from McCalls are interesting. (*As usual, I receive no compensation for this information, I am quite sure these pattern people do not even know I exist!)  While there is nothing very new or innovative about this dress, the fabrication is a flash-back, late sixties, early seventies.  I think this a really nice young look.   For the mature woman, the fabric is probably a bit much. Well at least for me.  The line drawing even reminds me of that era. Modern fabrications update it nicely.
Line Art & Yardage Information
Line Art
************************************************************************
 MAYBE: M 6610
Jeans:
M6610Line ArtHow many times can we reinvent Jeans. Many. What I have noticed this season in silouettte is a change, small, but a change. Certainly a little more stylish for the lady over 50 who does not want to loose their sense of style.
  • the waistline is a bit higher, not the dreaded "Mom" jeans high, but a bit below the natural waist.
  • a nice yoke in the back. a great fitting aid the joke can be altered to fit the back waist and curvature that most of us have, and that require tiresome alterations to get the waist to fit. 
  • trim, but not tight legs. the line drawing shows an almost straight leg with a little flare on the B style. I prefer not to wear pants that hug every little line, bump and curve. 
Truth be told, I haven't made a pair of jeans in years. I probably won't this season either, but the trend is noteworthy. To me, it translates as a more universal style and fit. 

************************************************************************
  NO. M 6608
M6608  
I suppose that I am not artistic enough, or bohemian enough, or certainly not young enough, but this is not on my radar. Be it in maxi-dress or maxi-skirt form this is a no. No, no, no. Did that, no replays.

*************************************************************************
YES: costumes
M6627
M 6627

M6619
M 6619
M6626
M 6626
 If you have little ones who dress for Halloween, there are some cute options this season. Everything from full costumes to elements that easily convert everyday clothes into a costume. What little kid doesn't like to play princess or super-hero? Even in July.

*************************************************************************
Accessories: YES
Like this tote. I like the handle configuration, the wide neck at the top, the optional side pockets.
Line Art
M6588
M 6588That's all for now. If you want to see the new fall collections, pop over to their site and see for yourself.  here



Comments