A little peek into projects finished and in progress. When possible, I find that I am happiest and most inspired when surrounded by other sewists.
Left is one of Jenny's Mini-quilts, a collection of techniques with raw edge applique in hand-dyed fabrics and thread work, beautiful.
Susan is going to gift a lucky baby with the soft as silk flannel rail fence quilt. So practical and pretty.
I am always looking for charming patterns for children's quilts because they need to be fun, pretty and washable. The rail-fence pattern is easy and fills all the requirements.This link will show just how many possible lay-outs that you could try for this pattern.
Rail Fence Lay-outs
Karen has been a busy bee. This pieced and strip panel quilt is so lovely in person. Unfortunately, the camera does not do the colors justice. I am thinking I should have photographed it outside.
the red narrow border on the outside is a flange piece. So unique.
Susan has been using up the scraps stash on these two table runners. The blue one in the front is pieced, quilted and the binding is applied. Made from scraps from a recent gift quilt, she used the walking foot to quilt the curly loops.
pattern ideas
Another idea: Prayer Quilt Rail Fence
Check this baby Quilt Oh Baby!
Have you ever heard of " Patti the Garden Girl?" You must check this video out. She spins wool, from her own sheep and rabbits in a sweet little garden shed! The Garden Girl
In this video, Megan shows how to prepare the wool and uses a drop spinner like the one Linda Sue is learning to use. more spinning, the drop spindle

Boertenose in the background, Telemarken, Norway
Left is one of Jenny's Mini-quilts, a collection of techniques with raw edge applique in hand-dyed fabrics and thread work, beautiful.
Susan is going to gift a lucky baby with the soft as silk flannel rail fence quilt. So practical and pretty.
I am always looking for charming patterns for children's quilts because they need to be fun, pretty and washable. The rail-fence pattern is easy and fills all the requirements.This link will show just how many possible lay-outs that you could try for this pattern.
Rail Fence Lay-outs
Karen has been a busy bee. This pieced and strip panel quilt is so lovely in person. Unfortunately, the camera does not do the colors justice. I am thinking I should have photographed it outside.
| a close up |
the red narrow border on the outside is a flange piece. So unique.
Susan has been using up the scraps stash on these two table runners. The blue one in the front is pieced, quilted and the binding is applied. Made from scraps from a recent gift quilt, she used the walking foot to quilt the curly loops.
| I absolutely love the colors and Asian influence of this one. |
pattern ideas
Another idea: Prayer Quilt Rail Fence
Check this baby Quilt Oh Baby!
Have you ever heard of " Patti the Garden Girl?" You must check this video out. She spins wool, from her own sheep and rabbits in a sweet little garden shed! The Garden Girl
In this video, Megan shows how to prepare the wool and uses a drop spinner like the one Linda Sue is learning to use. more spinning, the drop spindle

Boertenose in the background, Telemarken, Norway
Posted 5th April 2011 by Zippalu
Labels: Norway
Gratuity Moment: Vintage photography
Comments