Time to Learn, Time to Shop, Time to Immerse in Sewing Joyfulness


Old Sewing Machine

There was a time, in the 1980's and 1990's that sewing expo's were a big deal in my area. I remember waiting for the brochure to arrive so that I could choose my classes, pre-pay, receive my tickets in the mail, plan my days. I took vacations days, every year, to accommodate the experience. I skipped lunches, scrimped and saved so that I could buy sewing notions.  Husband understood. I needed three days for classes and two to recover. I approached the annual experience like a a woman on a quest. I wanted to learn and experience as much as possible. I packed my day bag with water, notebooks, pens of many colors, money. Strategy was required to get the most out of the experience.

Then... the sewing comminity diminished, interests waned, expo's were poorly attended, then went away. There has been a recent resurgence of interest and now one of big shows is coming here.



Can you hear me smiling? Oh my. I need to print the class schedule to study and plan. There are so many venue's, quilting , embroidery and garment classes that I need to plan carefully.   Vendors, vendors vendors.

So now you know where I will be the first  week of August.
Gratuity Moment: do you really need to ask????
*photo from here

Comments