Pattern Sale

I did not plan to send out a post today, but when the mail came my Joann's flyer was there and I wanted to remind everyone about the patterns sales coming up for the month of July. It is time to start thinking about transition wardrobe sewing, school sewing and maybe some special occasion items. The old Christmas in July always throws me off, but I want to get a jump this year on some gifts. Even if I don't start sewing right now, I will have the patterns in the stash.   

We all know I am not so good at picking up the patterns when they are on sale. So I have done some research, marked my calender and made some plans. Hopefully, I can save a few $ and not impulse buy. I have a couple patterns at Vogue that interest me. One is out of print, so it is unlikely that I will find it hidden in the dark drawer recesses at my Joann's. But you know I will look, just in case. 

I am trying to make most of my sewing season-less. This gives me more versatility. Most of my dressing is casual, but I like to be able to style an item up or down depending on the circumstance. A jacket person, I find I can never have enough. While I think it is so important to have the core wardrobe in one or two neutral colors, I supplement with the colors of the season, a few accessories and then build from there. So here is what I am thinking:
    V8430
    V 8430
Vogue 8430- I so like the slightly boxy shape of this one. Lots of opportunity to use lovely double-faced wool here. Surface embellishment could change the character of the piece a million ways. 
************************************************************************
Vogue 8428- This one is out of print. I could kick myself for not getting this before. So totally classic. This will require some research, likely not to turn up at the store, but I am on the hunt. I just don't want to pay $25.00, the site price. website
V8428
******************************************************************************************
 
V8431
not for me
Vogue 8431- I liked this one at first, I am always looking for jackets, but I have changed my mind. It feels a little  "80's to me, and I never want to go there again. And besides, that front neck would leave me wrapped up in three scarves, I would freeze. So, nix that.   
*************************************************************************
The pattern sales at Joann's are as follows. 
The Vogue's and the McCalls are on July 1-7. The McCalls are regularly $9.99 and on sale are .99 each. How about that? There is a limit of 10.
The Vogue Sale price is $ 3.99, limit 10.
 
The Butterick Patterns are down from $9.99 to $1.99 each, limit 10. Sale runs July 5th, 6th and 7th. Only. Limit 10.
 
The Simplicity patterns are on sale July 12-14. Just 3 days as well. Priced at $1.99 each with a limit of 10, how can you lose? 
Major savings here.  
 
Gratuity Moment: lovely day antiquing with friend. 
 
 
Posted by

Comments