While You Were Out & The Day Plan

 While I was away the weeds have come into their own. We did not have a hard freeze this past winter, so the weeds, the seeds of the weeds, and their extended family have come to stay...for the summer! Husband took a chemical approach while I was away and let me just say I am dismayed. The weeds he eradicated appear to be Chernobyl cast-offs. He also did a little over-spray. Let me just say, if my Asian Lilies do not bloom, someone in this house may experience a cold shoulder.    Anyway......

my orchid, with 25 blooms is inside and safe from chemical man!


the rabbits around here have been eating lots of Ceasar salad, only four plants remain!

this little orange-blossom tree/bush used to bloom like crazy with a wonderful heady orange scent. Now, not so much. The few blooms that survive are a pure delight.

aren't they delicate and sweet?

this is an old rose bush. it starts out deep blue-red then the outer petals become edged in black

blooming parsley. yes, this is a left over from last year, it survived the entire winter intact and now has blessed us with these charming little flowers. The trellis blew down during a spring storm and the parsley grew around and through it!
So the plan for the day. I need to get into the studio and start/work on those children's quilts. My original plan was for Easter, see how that worked out? They are so simple but I just couldn't get it in gear. Today is the day, really.

Gratuity Moment: the parsley, I still can't believe it survived, and even more, it bloomed!

Comments