Walk in the Garden-Click on header for many Photos


After a busy week-end I took some time to walk the gardens. Here are some of the current blooms.
Not in the garden, but just picked from the garden. These delicate little blooms are from a parsley plant that survived the winter and just went to seed. Here they are displayed in a crock from Westerwald Pottery in Scenery Hill, Pa. The breakfast nook.  The milk glass dimple bowl is vintage, unmarked.
such tiny, delicate blooms. Just had to share them.
A beautiful Petunia from a basket sent from a dear Friend.

These pansy's are about to give it up because it has been so hot here. I'll leave them here until the end of the week, there are two crocks of them. I usually tuck them in a shaded bed and they re-bloom in the fall. 






 This Clematis is about 10 years old, a Mother's Day gift from Dear Son and DIL. I moved it a few times before its current home, cooler in the North side porch garden.
This is the "Knock-Out" Rose. It is amazing. What started as a little bush rose became a giant bush rose. I placed it in my perennial garden where the soil is very rich and has been amended many times. Anything grows there and grows well. Maybe too good. It has swallowed several other plants, but I can't move it. It is magnificent. It is only 1 year old! It must have 100 blooms right now. 

 Another shot of the "Knock-Out."
An old friend on the Southern side of the house. A perfectly scented rose. 
I didn't get a chance to catch this in full bloom There are two of them hidden in a wall garden border. Here it is in seed head. Meet the naked Allium.


My question is, how long will it take me to kill this crop of dill? I have had no luck with dill. I might just leave it in this little container. Think on that a while!





this Peony bush has struggled for years. People cut it down when lawn grooming, dogs lift their legs in salute on a regular basis, despite firm warning words.  
That is all for now. As the season progress I will share as time permits. No sewing this week-end.

Gratuity Moment: Kind Husband who plants in 90 degree weather, grumbles only a little bit. 

Comments