This and That, The Friday Wrap

There are times that I could spend my entire day scanning my Google Reader. My entire week has been like that. I rationalize this time-thief as research. Yeah, we'll call it research. If you follow fashion and/or French style there is a wealth of blog paradise out there. On my one and only visit to France I attempted to be a human sponge. I wanted to absorb the culture, imitate the fashion and pack as much style into one trip as possible. Since then I unabashedly steal the vibe from others. Thank you blog-o-sphere.

the d' Orsay museum, designed by Victor Laloux, from the Right Bank in Paris.
 

Here are just three lovely French themed blogs to visit, there are more to come.

Un Femme is currently visiting France. Her journal gives a taste of fashion, travel and observation. If you wish, a great "packing" series detailed how efficiently she travels.
http://www.unefemme.net/

Another Grand Femme, Trish Jett, has a blog that oozes French style. A life and style writer, she went to France and never came back. Well, she does travel back of course but she a great eye and a recurring series where she photographs stylish women in villages and Paris to illustrate their style. There is a little twist, she frequently inserts a photo of a non-French woman and you get to try to figure out who it is. Fun.
http://afemmeduncertainage.blogspot.com/

And last but not least, one of my absolute favorites is My French Country Home. Sharon shares her life, her passions and everything in her French countryside. Her photography is stunning and you will be transported.
http://afemmeduncertainage.blogspot.com/

the d' Orsay museum in Paris with the Eiffel Tower in the back ground, taken from Pont Royal.

 

In between domestic activities today I am attempting to finish the hand stitching on the needle case, finish reading 1Q84 (due at the library today, still have a bit to go, looks like a fine will be incurred) cut out some perky floral PJ bottoms and re-tweaking the working elements of the studio. While this seems to be a never ending process, I think I have it about right. One of my inspirations has been this book.

 

  While my finished product is not exactly going to make it into any book,  it is becoming more workable. After I have all the elements in place I need to re-inventory. I like to have a list of what is where and how much of it I have. It helps with planning and shopping. I am trying to work from the stash as much as possible but sometimes it's just the little stuff. For instance, for the PJ's I did not remember that I had purchased some super soft woven elastic. It was in the wrong place. It takes a while to settle in. One super positive note, because big mean yellow dog is terrified of thunderstorms we spent most of the night in the studio...no windows...soundproof. I found the Kaffe Fassett book that I have been looking for. (((smile)))) An all knowing person told me I would find it when least expected, she was right, again. 

***let me apologize for anything that may come over as huge print, photo's out of sequence etc. Having a little bit of formatting problem here. 

 

Gratuity Moment: I found my book!


Comments