Memorial Day

http://www.myheritageimages.com/H/storage/blogs/companyblog/flags-in-memorial-day.jpg 
This is Memorial Day Weekend in the United States. My Father only mentioned his experiences a few times to me. A D-Day veteran in WWII, he barely escaped drowning while landing. He refused to discuss anything beyond that. My FIL entered the Army as a teen, he lied about his age to join for the grand adventure! After the Battle of the Bulge, he had had enough adventure.  My Husband was in the Air Force during Viet Nam, he still does not talk about it. My Brother-in-law is also a Viet Nam veteran. I have been blessed that neither of my sons or my nephew has had to go to war. The sacrifices of others has kept them safe. For this and for all those who served and continue to serve, my sincere and respectful thanks. 

Gratuity Moment: that I live in a country that despite its struggles, it remains free. While that freedom has had a very high price, if we continue to honor those who have paid the price, we our freedom will be guaranteed. Never forget!

* photo courtesy of http://images.ask.com my heritage

Comments