Editing in the Land of Sewtopia


         

The brain is a jumble today. Not sure why. So many things going on I think. Anyway, I  have recently reflected on my need to edit. It all started with transferring phone systems and editing the address book. A necessary task, of course, but one that was unsettling. As regular readers here know this last year has been  dreadful for us. I have been on auto-pilot now for quite a long time. I want to be more present in my life if possible and resume activities that always worked well for me. I had a birthday this week and I am determined to make this year more productive one on many fronts.
Stock Photo: Antique Telephone
I remember using a phone just like this!


First the phone book. Some deleting was required. Restaurants whose quality of food has declined, persons who have changed residence or phone numbers and I neglected to update, and persons who were probably not friends to begin with. Like fabric scraps with good intention, I hold on to them and think eventually it will work out. Not really. Edit those numbers, make room for new friends. The scrap collection has been mostly edited, making room for more promise of fun projects. I needed to make room for all the new wools!
Stock Photo: Pin Cushion on Fabric

While all this reflection may seem unrelated to sewing, it is rather like New Year to me. I want to expand my color choices, I want to spend more time sewing clothing again, I want to finish more projects. I am surrounded by creative and productive people and hope their enthusiasm will rub off, wish me luck.

This Sunday, May 13th,  is Mothers Day in the US. One of life's most rewarding and challenging jobs, Motherhood teaches us more about life than any other experience. IMO.
To all our Mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day and thank you. I will be heading to Virginia next week to see my Mother. She is 94 and finally accepted the need to move to an assisted living facility. With the devoted assistance of my dear Sister, she has been able to live independently for all this time. Changes, editing on another level. Have a lovely week end.


Stock Photo: Bouquet of flowersAll photo's from thinkstockphotos.com

Gratuity Moment: Opportunity, to think, to consider, to change....editing.

Comments