Core of Four-Building the Wardrobe

Do you ever wish that someone would just give you a plan, an outline, a guidebook for wardrobe planning? Well, someone has. If you have not yet discovered the Vivianne Files you are in for a treat.     http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/

Janice, who lives in Chicago, writes this fantastic blog. I have been more inspired by her posts recently than any in recent history. She does all the hard work for us. On May 14 she introduced the block of four core wardrobe concept. Like many, I have a lot of clothes, some go well and interchange without difficulty, others not so much. I have predominately casual pieces and need to ramp up my style a bit. When I return from my little trip, I am going to use this concept to build a dressy casual core wardrobe for summer. I have the patterns, I have the fabric and now I have a plan.  With my navy blue and off white fabric collection, I can build it around some other pieces already in place.


 The blues. Very summery, medium weight fabrics. Match with white-white fabrics and off-whites I think this might work.


These are mostly off-white fabrics, I am going to look for some white fabrics. True whites are very versatile.

The  plan starts out with four pieces in a favorite color, here a nautical red is used. One sleeveless top, one 3/4 sleeve top, one skirt and one pair of pants, these look to be capri length.


Immediately, you have four new outfits: 




  Of course, you can't wear the same colors all the time so now we add a few pieces to round things out. While many of these pieces are decidedly casual, pattern style will upgrade them a bit. 

Next she presents the complimentary/contrasting color group to expand the concept.

  To fully understand the concept and process, in addition to how to wear and interpret the full range of  possibilities in this concept, please pop over to the Vivianne Files.

**a charming blog with a guest contributor (Marie Therese, a fashion consultant) explores some issues related to this subject     http://afemmeduncertainage.blogspot.com/      A full closet with nothing to wear.....

***no compensation received or implied
Gratuity Moment: an efficient planner to help organize my mind


Comments