| a jar of what? |
I am in the middle of my first cup of eye opening coffee since the dogs decided to rise before the sun today, I will need to work on a way to redirect them. I need the "Dog Whisperer." Scanning the blogs and e-mails tells me just how busy sewists are this lovely Spring season. I just wanted to share some great information I discovered.
- over at Pattern Review there is a sale on all Vogue Patterns. It is only a three day sale, starts today, ends on Wednesday at 12 midnight. *but just so you know, there is one at Joann's next week and the price is better, if you can wait. I get all excited at pattern sales and buy many more than I will likely use. A habit I am trying to control...I need the "Pattern Whisperer!" http://sewing.patternreview.com/
- Do you know Sunni? On her blog, http://www.afashionablestitch.com/ she has started updating some of her tutorials. She is making up new samples at 60% and reports great fun making these little mini pieces. She has a sidebar tab labeled "Sewing School" that has all her tutorials in one place. A great beginner lesson or a refresher, the current post on lining a vent might be of interest.
- Adding a little editorial to sewing is one of Gertie's strong point. In this post she chronicles the current trend in fashion critic circles of costume bashing in popular movies. On the chopping board at the moment is The Hunger Games. To read this thought provoking commentary go to http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/
| trim, leaves, on a vine, could be used as is or maybe cut up to use like little appliques |
Hope you all have a great day. My Tuesdays involve my quilting group and errands. The high point of my day will be dinner out....on a Tuesday of all things. Over the week end Husband decided to help me with some chores pre-Easter dinner. He plugged in my favorite Dyson Animal and preceded to vacuum the throw rugs the dogs use in the family room. He caught a loose thread, the thread snagged, pulled and jammed the roller. Kaput! It still had vacuum powers but not beater-bar action. I big my tongue. (may I remind that I am eligible for sainthood?) So in a free moment I pulled the schematic drawings on the thing and tore it apart, reset the piece, put it back together, turned it on and Ta-Da!!! It worked. All this with a butter knife. He owes me dinner!
Comments