Here we are again, in the land of beautiful dresses. As I mentioned in the prior post, I would love to have been able to see the inside of these dresses, no luck there.
On of my favorites in this exhibit is labeled an "Edwardian Style." The fabric is a gauzy silk, with beautiful beading on the bodice.
The hemline is a flattering tulip.
This red velvet dress is very simple but elegant.
The placard shows a photo of Lady Diana wearing this dress with a necklace draped down the back V. Stunning but apparently rather uncomfortable when sitting for a long time at the ballet!
This crushed velvet has gathered high cap sleeves very popular in 1985. The low back is gathered up and bustled with a satin bow. Did she ever sit in this one?
That is most certainly a "standing room only" dress!!!
Remember this one? One of the iconic photo's of her in the ladies magazines featured this gown. A halter-style, it has fine seed beads on the straps and bodice.
This little gathered inset on the left hip area also has a beaded flap.
Lovely.
There were 3 more gowns near the exit of the exhibit. The lighting there did not let me take a decent photo. One was blue sequined, one a red velvet beaded and embroidered tuxedo style dress, on a one shoulder sequined off-white almost oyster shell color. They were also beautiful. When I have time I will see if I can find pictures of them.
Gratuity Moment: rediscovering my passion for silk velvet. I'm think ahead to fall....2012. I need to worry about Spring/Summer 2012!
On of my favorites in this exhibit is labeled an "Edwardian Style." The fabric is a gauzy silk, with beautiful beading on the bodice.
The hemline is a flattering tulip.
This red velvet dress is very simple but elegant.
The placard shows a photo of Lady Diana wearing this dress with a necklace draped down the back V. Stunning but apparently rather uncomfortable when sitting for a long time at the ballet!
This crushed velvet has gathered high cap sleeves very popular in 1985. The low back is gathered up and bustled with a satin bow. Did she ever sit in this one?
| close up of bow/bustle |
Remember this one? One of the iconic photo's of her in the ladies magazines featured this gown. A halter-style, it has fine seed beads on the straps and bodice.
This little gathered inset on the left hip area also has a beaded flap.
Lovely.
There were 3 more gowns near the exit of the exhibit. The lighting there did not let me take a decent photo. One was blue sequined, one a red velvet beaded and embroidered tuxedo style dress, on a one shoulder sequined off-white almost oyster shell color. They were also beautiful. When I have time I will see if I can find pictures of them.
Gratuity Moment: rediscovering my passion for silk velvet. I'm think ahead to fall....2012. I need to worry about Spring/Summer 2012!
Comments