If you live in or near Pittsburgh, this is an event that is a can't miss. Even if you do not plan a home or garden makeover, there are ideas everywhere. Just to visit the gardens is a treat, a harbinger of Spring.
This year there is a special exhibit of some of Lady Diana's gowns. A local lady bought these gowns at a Christie's Auction a few months before Diana's untimely death. It is expected to be a highlight. I will be there. Hopefully this weekend, with camera. What a great idea. In an interview, this lady (sorry cannot remember her name) wanted to share these glorious dresses with the public because they have been in storage all these years. I say thank you. I will get as many photo's as possible, hopefully some up close details.
http://www.pghhome.com/
An interesting comment from one of the vendors on the news last night. He says he books his entire years work from this convention, he installs high end kitchens. This is a huge event and actually needs two days if you are in a serious remodel mood. I am not, but I always find a product to try, a gardening idea and get a jump start for summer entertaining. Lots of cooking demonstrations, cutting edge products and friendly people. *as usual, I receive or imply no compensation.
Gratuity Moment: I've been fighting a bug of some sort this week, a little better today and I'm looking forward to seeing the gowns, the previews were stunning.
This year there is a special exhibit of some of Lady Diana's gowns. A local lady bought these gowns at a Christie's Auction a few months before Diana's untimely death. It is expected to be a highlight. I will be there. Hopefully this weekend, with camera. What a great idea. In an interview, this lady (sorry cannot remember her name) wanted to share these glorious dresses with the public because they have been in storage all these years. I say thank you. I will get as many photo's as possible, hopefully some up close details.
The largest home event in Pennsylvania!
An interesting comment from one of the vendors on the news last night. He says he books his entire years work from this convention, he installs high end kitchens. This is a huge event and actually needs two days if you are in a serious remodel mood. I am not, but I always find a product to try, a gardening idea and get a jump start for summer entertaining. Lots of cooking demonstrations, cutting edge products and friendly people. *as usual, I receive or imply no compensation.
Gratuity Moment: I've been fighting a bug of some sort this week, a little better today and I'm looking forward to seeing the gowns, the previews were stunning.
Comments