The Studio, The Sergers, I Think this Will Work.

 Just wanted to share the ongoing studio re-do. At the southern end of the room my dear Son installed a 6 foot piece of kitchen counter top for a work table. It has a Formica top. We were fortunate that with a little wiggling, it fit. He supported it with wall cleats secured into the wall studs and four L brackets underneath to control vibration. In this photo the Janome 634 D is threaded with a black thread, the small stack of drawers to the left holds machine needles. I buy as many as possible when they are on sale, because I tend to sew at night and if I break a needle, I am out of luck. Not too many 24/7 sewing stores here:) It also holds a little collection of specialty scissors for embroidery, snips etc as well as a collection of screwdrivers for all the machines.    

This singularly unattractive photo shows some of the 5 plastic drawer carts, on wheels, that hold everything from machine embroidery supplies, stabilizers, a collection of scrap fabrics, sorted by color for a future landscape project, serger threads and oils and tools. Note, I label each drawer with its content. You gotta love the P-Touch! There is actually one cart that is empty! It is my intention to make a pretty little apron to cover this up, it is rather distracting. On the positive side,   I need only spin my chair around from the table holding the sewing machines and I am there. Not getting up and dragging pieces all over the room. Thank you Stephen:)

This is the left side of the desk.  This is the Bernina 1300 MDC. I think this machine is probably a bit much for me. I still have not used the cover stitch function. It is a bit complicated to thread but the stitch quality is perfect if I must say. I had taken the Janome, who was and still is a great machine, for repair. I needed to have an over-locker for some gifts that were due. I was feeling entitled to a new machine and bingo,  I was tempted. That was 2 years ago.  I will need to go back to the dealer to work out my anxieties and use this machine more.   I keep it threaded with an off-white thread. All in all I am very pleased with this set up. Until I get the urge to mix it up again. (((smile)))

Gratuity Moment: I am more than fortunate to have a generous son who appreciates his Mother's passion for all things sewing. You should see his barn and work-shop! His wife said just the other day that NOW she knows where he gets this passion for work spaces and organizing. She should have asked, I would have told her a long time ago!

*Tuesday teapot series is on hold today, having problems uploading photo's, again. This is getting old..........................

Comments