Flipping the Switch...or...Sadly, The Losers Intrude

at the Phipps Conservatory



You may understand where I am going with this already. It has only been a few days since I turned off the word verification feature for posting comments. I have been in spam-o-rama ever since. Everything from electronic cigarettes to libido enhancements, yes, not one quilt, lifestyle or fashion spam!  Do you know why? IMO, those people are not busy sewing stuff, planning stuff, or actually have real jobs. That said, I had to turn it back on. I am so sorry, but reality strikes.
 
In other news, I went to a women's guild meeting last night and I laughed, for the first time in many months, I laughed. That is huge and I am beyond grateful.

This weekend promises to be a weather mix here, always interesting because I struggle with how many "layers" to wear. But I am thinking Spring. I have some events coming up which call for some new clothes. Of course, my summer wardrobe is severely lacking anyway.



B-5745


On that note I wanted to post a little reminder. If you don't receive the Joann's Fabric flyer or haven't had the opportunity to look at it there are two pattern sales coming up. Starting March 1st, through March 3rd, Butterick Patterns are $0.99 each with a limit of 10. Then March 4th through the 10th, Simplicity patterns are $1.99 also with a limit of 10.  Might be a good time to scan through the patterns, choose your favorites and be ready for the sale. One thing I learned recently the hard way at my store, I need to be there on the first day of the sale to get the patterns I want. Now, don't get me wrong, I think this is a good thing. More people have started or returned to sewing. But I need to plan a little more. (((smile)))

http://butterick.mccall.com/  Here is a link to the online site if you would like to browse the offerings. The best view is to see the whole catalog in my opinion, but this provides a glimpse. 
http://simplicitypatterns.com/   A listing for Simplicity.

Gratuity Moment: A laugh.

POST SCRIPT: for some reason Blogger is only showing one post per page here, I'm working on it. Please scroll down to the "older posts" tag to see prior posts. 

Comments