The New Space Part #2

OK, the drawers are done. That was a big job, but there is so much more. Enter the patterns! About 5 years ago, I gave away about 100 patterns. Old, really small patterns. 50's, 60's. 70's. I should have sold them in lots, on Ebay, but I really didn't have the time or inclination. There are still quite a few left. They were scattered in different drawers, by categories here and there. There were more recent additions in baskets, here and there. That is the problem.
some were even in the famous IKEA chests
  So I had a brilliant idea, take them all out, categorize them, then sort by season. I starting the process by laying them out on the new sewing table. More about that table later.
The table is under all that stuff. The baskets are from the IKEA bookshelf I picked up 5 years ago. I used to store quilt of the month projects in them. It was a good idea, but then I re-purposed them for other things. Now they will be pattern keepers. I will need to pick up a few more.   To add a little color to the boring walls I hung my Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt on the wall.  My dear FIL made the little decorative shelf years ago. I unearthed it and hung that up too. Please note multiple wheeled plastic storage carts. I will eventually find another, neater drawer system to store all that stuff. (probably another IKEA trip)

Gratuity Moment: the light in this corner is better than I thought it would be.

Comments