Tuesday Teapot-

Today's example is sort of "what was I thinking?" or more likely, "what were we thinking?"
Let me explain. On a recent IKEA stroll, this pot was displayed in an uber-modern kitchen display, on a white tray porcelain tray, with equally white shapely mugs. It looked cool. At this third chapter of our lives, we are torn over design styles. We have been essentially three types. Early married, lots of this and that, no particular style. We were thrilled to have furniture. Some of it was post college, some thrift, some hand-me-downs. Then we moved into our traditional phase, were are still mostly there, however, Husband popped in some colonial stuff. I went through a brief Victorian passion in the late 90's because I inherited lots of Victoriana, but now I am ready to purge. Everything. Sleek, modern, back to mid-century modern. I grew up there.

If I hit the lottery, that might happen, otherwise, probably not. Therefore, here is my contribution to modern.  

Modern and yet somehow reminiscent of the conning tower of the Merrimac. Never-the-less, here she is the Varme.
gotta love that spout, it looks like an afterthought

It is a 6 cup pot, though we have not used it yet. I apologize for the darkness of the photo. It is raining here, and even at 8 am it is still quite dark.

*Now as I am thinking, if I do hit the lottery, I would probably move to my little farmette, a-la-P. Allen Smith, forget the modern. I want Moss Mountain Farm!!!!! the link is below, amazing. Will he tend the gardens for me?
http://www.pallensmith.com/garden-home-retreat/

Gratuity Moment: even at the end of November, it is still 60 degrees here.

Comments