The Tuesday Teapot

A few years ago a friend of mine owned an Antique and Gift shop. Housed in a large Victorian House, it was a wealth of English and American antiques and the current trends in gift-ware.  I will admit that I was always drawn to the house, actually considered buying it at one point, however, its location is more suited to commercial use now. Times have changed and now it is near a busy intersection and the end of a busy bridge. I also learned it is haunted. That sort of would not work for me.

Never-the-less, I would walk through that house regularly and pick up bits and pieces that I liked and collected anyway. This Tuesday I will share some of those treasures.

 While this is a Tuesday Teapot post, this lamp is on the tea table. It is what I call a wedding cake style. Made by Meydah Tiffany, it is obviously a Victorian style. It used to sit on the antique desk my friends used as a check-out station at the shop. It was the first thing you would see when you entered the two story entrance room, where the wood paneled staircase would shine behind it. I admired it for a year before I saved up enough to buy it. (they gave me 10% off, friend discount!)

The tea service sits on an antique English "Space-Saver" table. It has fold down leaves and when closed the top is 12 inches wide. Open, it easily seats 6. I will detail it at another time. The Table cloth is a tea stained circular piece of Heritage Lace, still available in gift shops everywhere.
 The name of this pattern is Brown Botanical by Skye McGhie, it is porcelain. The set includes a sandwich tray (upon which I placed a few of my emergency cookies, store bought Pepperidge Farm.) A fixed handled teapot with a lidded sugar bowl, creamer, 4 small plates and 4 cups and saucers complete the set. I like using this set during the fall/winter months because the color is so seasonal.

 



Happy little tea pot! It is a 6 cup pot.


While doing these little Tuesday posts, I am cleaning their storage areas as I go. One way to complete a chore that I don't particularly like if I do it all at one time. By doing a shelf at a time, it is not so bad. I do not use these pieces much, but when I do, I am charmed again as the day I bought them. Good times, great memories.
Interestingly, the shop was purchased by a lady who came to be a friend through circumstance. Her Mother was in my care during a long illness. Her shop is rather different in nature but so charming. She actually runs a Tea House there in addition to lovely gift ware! Here is the link to her homepage.    http://www.thebostonshoppes.com/
If you are ever in the area, please stop and enjoy all she has to offer.

*as usual, no compensation is received or implied

Gratuity Moment: friends with small business skills:)

Comments