Truth in Blogging, My Take, and Some Tool Time

I had great intentions for this day. (Sunday) I usually try to map out my week and projects to post while quite frankly, hoping for the best. After two solid hours of restless sleep last night, I gave up. At 4:45am, I'm out with the dog. (who is intent, in the dark, of rousting the turkeys roosting behind the barn.) During this restless sleep, I felt itchy. Not that I have an itch to sew something, or I have an itch to do some work with my new camera, winter skin dryness, I think.   So I do some computer work, make breakfast for the troops and head off to church. And itch. What is going on? I check all the vulnerable areas where allergies tend to appear on me, no rash, but very annoying. I try to bond with some new tools to get interested in a project. Not going to happen. A couple weeks ago I had to buy some fresh Benadryl for the other dog with allergies and still had some left. Out of my way Auggie, I'm taking your medicine. Since I react strongly to any medication, I know that I will be out like a  light in about 30 minutes. I threw dinner into the Le Cruset, turned on the oven, mentioned to the menfolk that if I am asleep, take it out when the alarm sounds. As I am pondering the meaning of life while falling asleep,  I remembered that yesterday I was nibbling grapes. Today I was nibbling grapes and the itch got worse. Is there something in the grapes that does not agree?

The Benadryl fog will last at least 24-30 hours. But I really wanted to tell you about a new tool I found.
 Always on the search for small and portable projects, I think I want to crochet edges on something. I have some lovely linen somewhere in the heirloom fabric collection stash left over from a Martha Pullen School (does anyone ever finish all those school projects? just wondering.)
 and this caught my eye. Supposedly the sharpened end on this hook will pierce the fabric for your first base line row of stitches. I have had this for weeks but have not tried it yet. I ordered it on-line from Blue Z Solutions, LLC. If you are interested go to  www.sharpcrochethook.com.

I will let you know how this works out
One other tool is new. I wear out seam rippers. Can you imagine. If I don't wear them out I loose them. This one is by Clover, with a gel handle. It is longer than my old ones and easier to hold. My seam rippers get a lot of use.
the only thing I do not like about this one is the fact that the cap will not stay on, it is too big. Care will need to be taken I can tell.
  So there is my truth blog for today. I'm cranky,  I itch, I am medicated, I nibble while I work, I accomplished absolutely nothing today.

*I receive absolutely no compensation for anything from anybody.
Gratuity Moment: the sun did shine today, I ran into some old friends, the Benadryl worked a little.  Tomorrow, no grapes!

Truth in Posting: I fell asleep before I got this up, so
**OK, it is the next day already, I have slept for almost 18 hours straight, the itch is tolerable, I have tossed the grapes.

Comments