The Table

I am actually starting to like machine free-motion quilting. As much as I would like to have a long-arm machine, I don't really want to buy another machine and quite frankly I don't know where I would put it. That said, I have been considering other options. My conclusion has been to make my process easier by creating a flat bed set up. I have pondered the purchase of an acrylic extension table off and on for a while, but decided to purchase this table instead. That way, any of my machines can be used for the free-motion quilting. It arrived and I am very happy.  The recessed part of the table is adjustable to suit your machine.  I ordered this through Daystyle Designs. I just popped over to Leah's site and it is currently unavailable. It is available at Nancy's Notions, $40.00 less than the cost when I purchased mine if you are interested. 


Sewing & Quilting Table

The Gidget 1 - The perfect table for smaller sewing machines.

sewing table | affordable quilting table
Sewing & Quilting Table
 
 
This table is produced by Arrow Sewing Cabinets, one of the leaders in sewing and quilting tables and cabinets!
The steel locking legs offer a sturdy base, but fold up neatly for easy storage.
The tough melamine surface is mar-resistant, allowing for years of creative sewing and quilting.


I decided to use this to do some work with Rocky. Unfortunately, Rocky has not had a whole lot of sewing time because I haven't found the best place for her. Enter this little table. With the top loading bobbin, I think this will work well. 


After some adjustment to the bolt and chain underneath, we had success. The machine fits well and my flat surface has been achieved.


The right side of the machine table has about 10 inches of space to store pins, tools, etc.
The power cord and the pedal fit down through the top of the table and drop nicely into place.   





 The front of the table has a convenient measure on the front edge. I allowed a fraction of an inch in the adjustment to allow for the throat plate to slide forward to access the drop-in bobbin.
there is enough room to the left of the machine for a work space
Ah, a girl and her machines. Since this bonding with Rocky has been on hold far too long, this afternoon will be just for the two of us. Already, I tightened the bobbin screw from its 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock position and the stitch is now very balanced. Off to play, have a nice day!

Gratuity Moment: minor adjustment  (bobbin screw) makes a perfect stitch!
*as usual, I receive no compensation for anything from anyone

Comments