Overload and why I Sew-part 1

Since I am in sort of a wardrobe planning mode this week, I broke down and picked up the annual Vogue September extravaganza issue. Such an amazing compilation of fashion and extravagance. Always good for a read, but not for my life. I quickly scanned the 758 pages to look at trends that I might translate, and some that will never cross my threshold.

This issue is heavy with advertising, but frequently a good ad says a lot. I enjoy hearing about how trends are presented. With all the resurgence in color blocking, I revisited what I liked about it and what I didn't the first go-round. At that time I worked as a case manager and consultant for a large insurance firm. Rayon fabrics in every color block imaginable was uber popular. Now that I think back we probably looked like the flags lined up at the United Nations. I saw a beautiful dark dress, not sure if it was black or very dark blue, with the wrist cuffs only in a contrasting color, and off-white. That I could do. The rest of it, no way.   I am trying to reach out to embrace color, but this is not going to be the method. For example: the first three, no, no, no. Second row, maybe, possibly, maybe.

Comments