Labor Day, The Door Closes on Summer

 Hello everyone, hope this day finds you well. Labor Day is the official end of summer to me. Bittersweet, because I spend 9 months of the year looking forward to summer but always happy to enjoy Fall, the harvest season. The history of this day in America and Canada is well explained on a short History Channel Video, I have posted the link at the end of this post. Depending on your field of employment, Labor Day means different things to different people. Since there is never a day off in medical work, I usually worked during this holiday, fitting in its own way.



These little clip art photo's celebrate those who work. Mostly, this holiday is a picnic holiday in my area. It is the last Holiday at the boat club, the last big picnic for the neighbors, the last scheduled municipal fireworks display for the year. While all this is true, it is also the first day to start putting away summer clothes, the day to plan all the fall activities and craft shows that are a prelude to the Thanksgiving and  Christmas season. So what ever this day signifies to you, I hope it is a good one.

The Link to the History Channel Video

http://www.history.com/topics/labor-day/videos?paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_Search&keywords=labor%2Bday%2Bphotos&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=labor%20day&utm_term=labor%20day%20photos#history-of-labor-day

Comments