Fall Challenge-Filling Those Wardrobe Needs

Colette Patterns Fall Palette ChallengeAre you up for a challenge? Always on the front lines of fashion and sewing,  Sarai Mitnick over at Colette Patterns is serving up another project. In the Spring she hosted a similar challenge. Many of us sew and/or purchase multiple disparate items because we like them but they do not coordinate with what we have or other new pieces recently added to our wardrobe. I can go into my wardrobe as we speak and choose several pieces that I like but go with nothing I already have. It is time for my seasonal purge as I separate the warm weather clothing from the transition season wear. In my area Spring and Fall are cool usually, but not frigid. This translates as a wardrobe of  long and 3/4 inch sleeves or a typical short sleeve T shirt with cardigan. Outerwear is  light jackets, blazers, sweater jackets and light weight coats. (here come the Trench Coat conversation again) 

Since this project coordinates with my Monthy plan I am going to try to get organized enough to join in on September 9th. Please jump on over to the Colette site to get the whole picture. I guarantee you will  be inspired!    http://www.coletterie.com/

 My Summary of wardrobe needs is:
  1. The beige jacket, trench or not? 
  2. Pants/trousers. I am scanning the stash now for a fitted, perhaps one pleat pant which will accomodate an elastic back waist. 
  3. Blouses and shirts are my major need. I have several patterns to share on that front. 
  4. Pant suits. I need a couple new suits for those times when casual separates will not do. They will need to be conservative and versatile to change character with accessories. Not necessarily the structured suits of my past. 
  5. Skirts. I have recently been struggling with the skirts. I like them, but I am more comfortable in pants/trousers. I have an older pattern that I made several times a few years ago that I will probably use again. More thinking is required. 


To be reasonable, this is all I will list for this challenge. It will be two months of sewing and fitting. At the end of this challenge, the holidays will be upon us and we all get too busy then.  I plan to use as much fabric from my stash as possible and post the amounts used.

Comments