Book Review-Corinne in Sewtopia

 Good Morning everyone. We have a beautiful early fall day here and I have so much inside and outside work to do, unfortunately sewing is likely not in the cards. But I wanted to share a little something that arrived last week in my mail.  

 A few weeks ago while finishing a post a little box popped up on my screen with an interesting offer. Sharebook, via Blogger, was introducing a way to publish a hard cover book directly from your blog. I was interested, and this arrived a few days ago.
You can choose what photo's you want on the front and the back. Since my Featherweight is sort of a logo for me that was my choice for the front. The back is a wooden bowl filled with yarn and wool roving, I forgot to photograph that.

 We have a full table of contents.
 The pages are printed directly from the blog, word for word and all pictures as well. The color reproduction and print are clear and clean, easy to read. 
 I am rather happy with this. Many of my older family members, in particular, who don't even own computers do not understand the blog concept at all. In the hard-copy form they will be able to see what I do and why I am always stitching or planning the next project. I think that they think I am daft!
When I placed the on-line order I had requested that the book begin January 1, 2011. However, the book starts at June 2, 2011. I was rather disappointed in this because I wanted this to be comprehensive, and it was a little pricey for a three month compilation, $63.00. When I contacted Sharebook, they did apologize and offered me a 20% discount on my next order. (I am wondering if the offer was limited to 100 pages? I don't know, but I am going to write back to them to see if I can get some answers. ) Ah, thanks? Anyway, I am glad I did this and husband wants me to order the Jan to June issue, but I need to think on that. 

Gratuity Moment: at least they offered a 20% discount on the next order..........

Comments