Vintage Quilt-Pastel Lone Star

While sorting through some photo's, I realized that I did not include some other photo's of this quilt that shows the unusual quilting in the borders. 

During the July quilt fluff I wanted to share this little beauty. It is a full sized quilt in late 1950's pastels. It was made entirely by hand and quilted by hand with a heavy thread, probably Knit Cro-Sheen.

The center of the star was really well done. This is an unusual quilting technique, the thread appears to be a crochet thread, in a reddish-pink. This is the only one in this collection quilted this way. Each of corners are done this way. I am always amazed at the quality of vintage quilts considering there were none of the fancy tools we now enjoy.  Hope you like these little tours of my closets:))))

Gratuity Moment: Lucite templates and rulers, rotary cutters, cutting mats.

Comments