Orchids, such singularly beautiful flowers. Majestic, quiet and calming. In this chaotic world it symbolizes a way to seek balance, find center, and attain an inner peace.
This beauty I picked up at Costco of all places. So, mixed up with the bulk boxes of cleaning supplies, vegetables, and post-it notes this gift to myself has taken up residence on the table where I work.
These are the times when I long for a better camera. It is so difficult to capture the beauty.
OK, enough of the philosophical attributes of nature, on to the subject at hand.
Research. I seem to spend a lot of time doing "research" on-line. Everything from day to day needs, recipes and sewing topics. I am finding that I am going to need to keep track of my time and start to limit my explorations.
I have an almost insatiable need for information and can go off on tangents of reading and collecting information seemingly without specific purpose. I suspect that I am not alone, but quite frankly, it is cutting into my sewing time. (which is already limited)
Part of the blame for this I will share with other bloggers. Because there are so many super talented bloggers out here, they share their knowledge and reference their Resources. Of course, because I have so much respect for them I must also check out their Resources. And another door opens.......
This leads me to my Recording project. I have recorded my time in the past for various reasons but mostly for my own information. I feel so bad when I appear to be wasting my time. For example, this month is supposed to be a quilting month, yet I was only able to squeeze in one hour of quilting time! However, because of several appointments and long waiting times I did manage to get in 6 hours and 15 minutes of knitting! I know! Can you believe how much lag time we have in our daily lives? Garden time logged 3 hours, should have been more, but there you have it. I have decided to add a category to my "tracker" because of the amount of time I spend viewing tutorials etc. on line. I consider this education. It is important to advance my skills and important for inspiration. I don't mean e-mails, my google reader items or similar things. Another example, I spent about 1 hour this week researching this history and styles of 9 patch quilt blocks. I learned some new things. So, education.
In that category, I just rediscovered one of my favorite independent pattern designers and her amazing web site. Information galore and tutorials in the form of web casts as well. Free, any time of the day or night. The designers name is Peggy Sagers of Silhouette Patterns. I remember taking classes with her in the early 1990's when shoulder pads were still en vogue. One of my favorite features to her patterns are the B, C, D cup sizing in her blouses. I have spent the last hour watching some of the web casts and examining the features of this web site. An hour very well spent. Please take a look and see if you agree. Here is the address:
http://silhouettepatterns.com/
Well, that is all for now. I need to get to work on those 9 patch blocks. Hopefully, I will have some progress to report tomorrow.
Gratuity Moment: knowing that my friends in London are safe.
This beauty I picked up at Costco of all places. So, mixed up with the bulk boxes of cleaning supplies, vegetables, and post-it notes this gift to myself has taken up residence on the table where I work.
These are the times when I long for a better camera. It is so difficult to capture the beauty.
OK, enough of the philosophical attributes of nature, on to the subject at hand.
Research. I seem to spend a lot of time doing "research" on-line. Everything from day to day needs, recipes and sewing topics. I am finding that I am going to need to keep track of my time and start to limit my explorations.
I have an almost insatiable need for information and can go off on tangents of reading and collecting information seemingly without specific purpose. I suspect that I am not alone, but quite frankly, it is cutting into my sewing time. (which is already limited)
Part of the blame for this I will share with other bloggers. Because there are so many super talented bloggers out here, they share their knowledge and reference their Resources. Of course, because I have so much respect for them I must also check out their Resources. And another door opens.......
This leads me to my Recording project. I have recorded my time in the past for various reasons but mostly for my own information. I feel so bad when I appear to be wasting my time. For example, this month is supposed to be a quilting month, yet I was only able to squeeze in one hour of quilting time! However, because of several appointments and long waiting times I did manage to get in 6 hours and 15 minutes of knitting! I know! Can you believe how much lag time we have in our daily lives? Garden time logged 3 hours, should have been more, but there you have it. I have decided to add a category to my "tracker" because of the amount of time I spend viewing tutorials etc. on line. I consider this education. It is important to advance my skills and important for inspiration. I don't mean e-mails, my google reader items or similar things. Another example, I spent about 1 hour this week researching this history and styles of 9 patch quilt blocks. I learned some new things. So, education.
In that category, I just rediscovered one of my favorite independent pattern designers and her amazing web site. Information galore and tutorials in the form of web casts as well. Free, any time of the day or night. The designers name is Peggy Sagers of Silhouette Patterns. I remember taking classes with her in the early 1990's when shoulder pads were still en vogue. One of my favorite features to her patterns are the B, C, D cup sizing in her blouses. I have spent the last hour watching some of the web casts and examining the features of this web site. An hour very well spent. Please take a look and see if you agree. Here is the address:
http://silhouettepatterns.com/
Well, that is all for now. I need to get to work on those 9 patch blocks. Hopefully, I will have some progress to report tomorrow.
Gratuity Moment: knowing that my friends in London are safe.
Comments