For some reason my post for Friday was split in the editing and a missed part of it. So, I will add it now and I promise that this is the last you will hear about this quilt. I make lists to keep on track, however, sometimes the lists irritate me. That said, I finally finished the Turning Twenty Quilt. Now I must say that it is not as ugly in person as it is in photographs. That said, here it is.
Of course, Miss Lucy doesn't seem to mind one way or the other. She thinks she looks good in any color.
Gotta love a dog who loves an ugly blanket.
She does appear to like the back better than the front too.
***Just so you know. Lucy wears neck scarves, all the time. She frets when she doesn't have one. Really, she does. This one is from the IKEA fabric. It is just a cut triangle but I left the selvage on because the name of the designer is printed there. Eva Longren. Lucy likes designer clothes. Classy Dog!
Gratuity Moment: it is 1:15 am, I have to be at an Estate Sale very early and I cannot sleep. I have so many ideas in my head with all my lists and plans. Not one to waste a sleepless night, I am grateful that I have a nice laptop to work on, any time, any where.
I had to photograph inside because of wet weather. I am still surprised at how bad this looks on camera! Here is why, I think. This pattern, the Turning Twenty, is a good pattern to put together, it is fast because the blocks are large. Unfortunately, there in lies the rub.
The fabric choice needs to have less contrast, too many colors, too much tonal variation. In more coordinated fabrics, this would have worked. I purchased this as a kit at a quilt show, I cannot remember from whom. It just doesn't work. That said, I like the back, particularly after I switched to the Isacord thread. The binding is a tawny beige color to blend with all the other mismatched colors. It is done, now I can move on. 
Of course, Miss Lucy doesn't seem to mind one way or the other. She thinks she looks good in any color.
Gotta love a dog who loves an ugly blanket.
She does appear to like the back better than the front too.
***Just so you know. Lucy wears neck scarves, all the time. She frets when she doesn't have one. Really, she does. This one is from the IKEA fabric. It is just a cut triangle but I left the selvage on because the name of the designer is printed there. Eva Longren. Lucy likes designer clothes. Classy Dog!
Gratuity Moment: it is 1:15 am, I have to be at an Estate Sale very early and I cannot sleep. I have so many ideas in my head with all my lists and plans. Not one to waste a sleepless night, I am grateful that I have a nice laptop to work on, any time, any where.
Comments