A little while ago, a young lady named Alicia took a poll on her craft blog to statistically break down information about crafters in general. From paper crafters to knitters, to quilters, she sought information and opinion. The results are in and to my mind, fascinating. Here is the link to her site and all this amazing information. This was a lot of work and I applaud her efforts. http://craftbookproject.com/
The Results: 483 Craft Bloggers Say…
The results have been tallied! And re-tallied, and re-re-tallied. Thanks to Google Docs, Excel’s “counta” function, and WordPress’s refusal to crash, you can read all of the results after the jump. Each question has a chart of the answers and most have an accompanying table; it’s a lot of information, but I wanted to put in both in order to be accessible to as many readers as possible.
You are welcome to use these results, to cite them in blog posts, on discussion boards and in print. In fact, I’m very much looking forward to reading your reactions. I ask, however, that you do not reproduce any of the charts, tables, or text below without linking back to this site and in print, without giving me credit. I worked very hard on this project, and I want as many people as possible to check out the site. Which brings me to…
The survey will stay open for the rest of 2011, at least! If I get many more responses, I’ll update with another monster post.
Here are the results for 483 craft bloggers who took the survey:
Types of Crafts Bloggers Make:

Craft Bloggers by State:
Thanks to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Wiki-vr for the map, which is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, which allowed me to modify it and share it with you.
There is much more information on Alicia's site. I am always fascinated by such to see how other people use their blogs. And with so many crafters selling their original wares, there is a graph on the site that shows just now lucrative/not lucrative blogging can be as an income.
You are welcome to use these results, to cite them in blog posts, on discussion boards and in print. In fact, I’m very much looking forward to reading your reactions. I ask, however, that you do not reproduce any of the charts, tables, or text below without linking back to this site and in print, without giving me credit. I worked very hard on this project, and I want as many people as possible to check out the site. Which brings me to…
The survey will stay open for the rest of 2011, at least! If I get many more responses, I’ll update with another monster post.
Here are the results for 483 craft bloggers who took the survey:
Types of Crafts Bloggers Make:
| Types of crafts | # | Percent | |
| Card making | 102 | 22% | |
| Crochet | 121 | 26% | |
| Holiday crafts | 199 | 43% | |
| Home decorating projects | 213 | 46% | |
| Homeschool crafts | 18 | 4% | |
| Kids’ crafts | 133 | 28% | |
| Knitting | 119 | 25% | |
| Paper crafts | 163 | 35% | |
| Quilting | 188 | 40% | |
| Scrapbooking | 73 | 16% | |
| Seasonal crafts | 172 | 37% | |
| Sewing | 281 | 60% | |
| Other | 230 | 49% |
Craft Bloggers by State:
Thanks to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Wiki-vr for the map, which is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, which allowed me to modify it and share it with you.
There is much more information on Alicia's site. I am always fascinated by such to see how other people use their blogs. And with so many crafters selling their original wares, there is a graph on the site that shows just now lucrative/not lucrative blogging can be as an income.
| Gratuity Moment: good reports. | |
Comments