Periodical Review, Mollie Makes

Have you heard of this new UK based magazine? It is arts, crafts, lifestyle, sewing, knitting etc. Nicely presented in is chock full of color.
New periodical, Mollie Makes
I had heard some chat on some other blogs about this and when I walked into my Joann's last week, it was front and center on the racks. I glanced through it and decided to pick it up because it was 30% off. With a modern take on crafting and needlework, it has defined some interesting takes on today's styles and trends. Some were a little odd, if I must say so myself. I don't think I am a trendsetter by any stretch, but this one leaves me at the starting line.
a little bonus, a felt kit for your I-phone, I can see some teens really liking this

apples with sweaters?

a little collection of crochet pot-holders

crochet bicycle fenders? really?

nice templates

collarettes

collection of linen embroidered eggs
Summary:
  • I'm glad I did not pay full price for this, $11.99!
  • I will not likely buy another one unless there is something really special within.
  • Who has the time to knit/crochet little sweaters for their fruit? I know I sure don't!
  • crocheted fenders for your bicycle? On our trails there would be sand, sticks and miscellaneous weeds stuck in those babies after about a half mile! I don't even want to thing about them getting wet, stretching and getting caught in the spokes. 
  • the collarettes are cute, young, stylish. None of those adjectives describes me. 
  • I like the little linen eggs, the only item I will likely make.
This is a magazine that will appeal to young people. I will pass it on.

they have a website too: http://www.molliemakes.com/

Gratuity Moment: that I am way past the stage in my life where I need to try every crafty thing that comes down the road.

Comments

Debi said…
I've heard about this magazine but haven't seen it yet! I can't believe they have crocheted apple holders! how funny!!!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :) Really made my day!