I can hardly believe that the calender says July, can you? I can't help but notice how quickly the warm weather months seem to progress versus the cold weather months. I have been quilting away, slowly but surely. Hopefully, I will finish this one over this long week-end. I have a recent field trip to share, a few studio shots, wrapping up the make and mend challenge, and working on the In Progress list. So far the wish list is just that, a wish list. We have had two very difficult and busy weeks here with family health emergencies so time has been short and hit or miss, but my projects keep me focused. The sound of the machine running can be like a pacifier at times. Don't even try to picture that in your head......

Hope everyone has a joyous and safe Holiday with family and friends. This is a great country despite all the conflicts, the only continuous democracy/republic in the world.
On a prior post I mentioned my Self-Imposed Christmas Project. My plan is to return to that process this year. When I did this, I was so happy to have all my gifts made without stress and personal for each recipient. I also mentioned the upholstery samples that I had saved to make tote bags. Well, for some reason those photo's didn't post so I will include them here.
 |
| I store fabrics for quilts and small pieces like these in the IKEA shoe box keepers. They have a nice little see-thought window and the boxes stack nicely. Everything stays clean and visible. |
 |
| My version of the color wheel:) These are the smaller pieces, they measure 6 inches by 4 inches, all edges are serged because this fabric frays badly. |
 |
| close-up, these are beautiful chenilles and wovens |
 |
| The larger pieces are beautiful as well, the color families are just right for fall/winter and measure 6 inches by 9 inches. |
I am not sure how these will go together, I have just begun laying them out and I will need to draft a pattern or two, but I'm working on it. There are two ladies who sell patterns for purses and bags who I have followed in the past. I will check their pattern inventory before I try to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. If you are interested their sites are:
Leah is a very creative designer. Her fabrication are absolutely beautiful. Her retail site is loaded with inspiration.
http://sewspoiled.blogspot.com/
And Kathy at StudioKat has an amazing design sense and a blog site that is retail and instructional.
http://www.studiokatdesigns.blogspot.com/
Gratuity Moment: Freedom
Comments