Sunday Plan and Post # 7- And Embellishment to a simple Knit shirt

Sure hope everyone had a good week end and had the opportunity to relax and get  energized for the week ahead. If you are like me there never seems to be enough time for the fun stuff!

It seems that every time I turn around there is one or two more items to add to the Make and Mend challenge. While dressing this morning the shirt I pulled out was all wrong. A RTW departure, it is a black knit polo shirt with black and white check collar and placket. The wrong part was the cuffs on the short sleeves. Waaay, too cutsie, they have to go. So I added it to the list. So here is the outlook for this week:
  •  complete at least 2 items in the make and mend challenge
  • work on the tension samples for the Singer 500, the Rockateer
  • finish machine quilting the turning twenty quilt
  • choose pattern for red linen dress and underlining for same (need to wash small sample to see how if does, shrink too much? are the fibers too delicate for washing? will the color fade? (I bought this beautiful  rose red linen a few years ago at G-Street in Rockville, Md. without purpose. Just loved the fabric, photo's will follow.) **actually this dress is a priority, I need it for Sunday. Arghhhhh. I hate when I have to "pressure" sew rather than "passion" sew. Vogue 8647?
So here is a little progress report from the "In Progress" list:

V8536
 Remember to the plain (boring) white poly/cotton T-shirt? Well, everything about it is fine, but it is so plain. I have lots of plain white T's so I decided to jazz this one up a bit with fabric scraps. I cut long strips of the scrap fabric with a wave-blade rotary cutter. One piece, the bottom strip was cut 2 inches wide, the second 1 inch wide. I gathered the 1 inch strip a little then sewed it to the 2 inch strip. I shaped it to the shirt and stitched it down.

the rotary wave cutter, the scraps

Should I just say A-lo-haaaa?

I don't know yet if this is a keeper, reminds of the icing trim around a sheet cake.....
Gratuity Moment: the great variety of tools available now to the home sewist.

Comments