Blog Browsing

Miss Feathers waiting for the next project, quilt piecingAre you like me with more projects and ideas than anyone could accomplish in a lifetime? Sometimes my brain goes to over-load status just planning a simple project. I have been known to get up, from a sound sleep, in the middle of the night, to rearrange quilt blocks on my design wall. I know...wow. So with a little encouragement from other bloggers, I find more stuff. New designers, new teachers, new ideas....so I thought I would share this weeks stimulants.    




 I wish I had more time to web search and find new blogs. Every once in a while I get lucky. A subscriber to Colette Blog Site,  http://www.colettepatterns.com, I discovered this great site. http://ermieblog.blogspot.com/  Jennifer is a textile and clothing designer. She finds amazing inspiration in the most simple things and translates that to fabric. If you love color and design, this one is a must.


And speaking of Colette Patterns, a recent post discussed the new fall patterns and fabrications. Sarai never ceases to amaze me with her interpretations of vintage style. She uses features of vintage design in current patterns to evoke that detail that is often missing in fashion today.

Here is another dimension to blogland. "Craftsy. Learn it. Make it." This is a group of sewers, crafters, gardeners knitters and crocheters who have a varied series of tutorials. Many are free and some are actually on-line courses for a small fee. For example, an upcoming sewing course, taught by author and founder of Make Workshop, Diana Rupp,  is geared for the beginning sewer.  16 video's present 6 hours of sewing instructions. There is even a button on the page to "gift" this course to someone who wants to learn to sew. While I have not seen any of this course, it sounds really nice.  http://www.craftsy.com/

So, if you need even more ideas, more stimulation, more inspiration, do a blog browse, you will not be disappointed.

*as always, I receive no compensation for any reference to other blogs or commercial sites here

Gratuity Moment: for artists who are willing to share their ideas and their process

Comments