The white T-lets not all cheer at once-part #3



Well finally I set aside some time to finish what will likely be a tried and true pattern. I still need to tweak a few things on the next one, but the very boring one, white, is done.

the Viking #1+
This is my favorite machine. I know, aren't they all my favorites? This one sews absolutely precise stitches, every time. By the time this model was on the market the stitch advisor system was great. You program in what you want to do: seam, baste, hem etc. Then you program the type of fabric (knit or woven) and weight, light, medium or heavy. The machine sets the suggested stitch and the screen indicates what foot to use, how much pressure foot pressure to set and the type of stitch chosen with its length and width setting. This is also an embroidery machine. it does beautiful work but I really haven't used it too much and not for a long while. I need to fire that up soon. One of the best features of this machine is you can put a 1/4 edge of fabric on one side of the feed dog tracks and it will not jam or stall. No thread nests. Wonderful when doing very fine work. While Viking no longer carries these machines many dealers resale them on the secondary market for a fraction of the new cost.

the T & T pattern

Gratuity Moment: my sweet little Lucy who is always beside me as I sew ready with a wagging tail and a happy doggie smile.

Comments