Productive Shopping=accomplishment

here is a new look for summer, pardon the obcious pun. v
as soon as the sun shines, this will be nice
100 % cotton eyelet, very pale yellow, made in USA
Sometimes it's better to shop without a list or a plan. I usually have a list of what I need, how much, where to get it, cost, coupons if possible and a time limit. You know what I mean, I need this fabric for this pattern x yards, buttons and matching thread. I tend to shop the fabric store after my Tuesday morning sewing group. Its convenience and now I am reducing my trips even more than before.  The cost of gasoline is cramping my sewing! So last Tuesday I just roamed and browsed. No plan. I took time to look at products and fabrics I zipped past on prior trips. I looked at new notions for quilting and garment sewing. I looked at some new patterns, a brand I don't usually buy. So here are the results.

sort of a 60's look, a "shift," pants with tunic top and jumper

polka dot grosgrain ribbon

glue sticks for landscape quilting

almost finished quilt, we'll talk about this one soon

 I haven't used many New Look patterns, don't know why. I found some really nice ideas there. I need to amp up the summer wardrobe but I don't need to be fussing with high design here. I want lightweight fabrics and easy care. It's summer, soon. The fabric was a real surprise.  It is 100% cotton, very pale creamy yellow. I plant to use this for my Armistice blouse. Originally I was looking for dotted swiss, but this won out. I need lots more time that I know for sure.












#210 Armistice Blouse
Misses Small to 3X.  $16.95

This blouse dates from 1918, at the end of World War I. Fashion was in transition from frills to practicality, and this blouse blends the two beautifully. Make it as plain or fancy as you like. The center front panel can be lacy, pintucked, or plain; the collar and cuffs can be embellished in many ways. Pattern includes instructions for drawn-thread work. Suggested fabrics: Lightweight fabrics such as gauze, batiste, voile, georgette, or other light cottons; silk, rayon, or blends.
Click on photo to enlarge.
 


To open the yardage chart, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click here to download it for free.

 
Folkwear
The Old Fire Station
Box 189
Barnardsville, NC
28709-0189 U.S.A.
Toll Free 1-888-200-9099
Phone: 828-626-3100
Fax: 828-626-3030

Email mail@folkwear.com
www.folkw

Comments